Spring Term

Celeste Bretado
Dr. Preston
English 1
26 May 2019
Spring Term Paper
            Over this course we got to learn a lot about Dr. Preston he’s shared personal stories and mistakes trying to help us throughout this course, him sharing personal experienced went through as a student creates a bong with the students. In the middle of his course he introduced us to the book Les Misérables. We’ve been reading this book Les Misérables This book has impacted my reading skills. Overall the other books I’ve read in my past classes, I’ve had throughout the years I’ve never read a book with so many pages and payed tension to it the lit circle docs have helped me understand and go more in depth. I truly appreciate the people I sit with; they are the people I’ve sat with the whole 1st semester and so on. They’ve really helped me understood what going on in the class. 
            Throughout the 1st semester I’ve bonded with the character Jan Valjean on a personal level. In the Book Les Misérables, that we’ve been reading most of this year. In the beginning of the book he did jail time for stealing a loaf of bread trying to feed himself because after giving al he had to eat to his sisters kids he was left with nothing to eat witch lead him to stealing the loaf of bread to feed himself. He was looked down upon as a criminal. I relate with him on a personal level I’ve done things thinking there would be good outcomes but sometimes there is bad backlash on the actions A character I was also able to have a personal bond with is Richard Cory in the “Richard Cory”, by Edwin Arlington Robinson. In the poem the poet describes the main character Richard Cory as handsome gentlemen who was very successful, wealthy and the person everyone wished on becoming, at the end of the poem he ends u killing himself, now why would he do that? That just shows no matter all the love and attention he had from the people it’s never enough. I relate with Richard Corey on a very non-suicidal level by ending the school days that are filled with amazing teachers and friends that care about me very much with a BANG (a nap).  The last thing I really enjoyed that you mentioned on the blog was “The art of Hosting a good Conversation Online”, by Howard Rheingold. This post is just about What an Online host wants to achieve. I am that online host I want to be able to throw an event and have good discussion, Behavior, and people skills as a host should have at any event.
             Something I’ve reconnected with throughout this course must be the course blog we are constantly updating throughout the year. I’ve reconnected with the blog we’ve had for this class. I used to make YouTube videos with my cousins when we were younger, I never tell anyone this but yes, I’ve experienced little audience before, then it was just something I outgrew. But having a blog where people can look at whenever they would like. Give me the feeling of having an audience I’ve used to have.
            Something that has made me laugh out loud throughout the course has to be when you tell us your personal stories and just yell something on the top of your lungs scaring the heck out of the kids in front of you. Or the humor an old book can have (Les Misérables). A few of the masterpiece presentations gave me a good laugh like Denisse tearing a poster she said took her forever and put her best work in, she scared everyone including me it was funny.
            Towards the end of this 2nd semester we were given the Masterpiece academy. The students in our class all had good presentations I’ve enjoyed and shared something in common with a few of my classmates. I saw a lot of confidence and nervousness those were the emotions I was experiencing before my prestation. Diana was one of the first to present she seemed confident presenting her big. She talks about people having different perspectives on an opinion I liked tis presentation personally because its true not everyone is going to agree on what I can say or do everyone has their different opinions on something really making u see it I in different ways. I Liked Alondra  presentation you can just tell how much she loved art she even had a few pieces of her art to share with us it was really good art. She put a lot of work in her presentation she was asking our table and I, what her big question meant to us. “What is Art” that was smart of her gathering the information she got from s and including it in her presentation. Also, with Kate you can just tell how much she enjoyed art I like how she chose a topic she enjoyed talking about. 
            Throughout this course I was also introduced to the hero’s journey. The hero’s journey is when an adventure you partake changes not only you but the way you see things and the people around you. Everyone goes through and overcomes from crisis in their life all of these are just temporary the outcomes always help you get through similar situations better and how to avoid them. Every human has experienced something similar these high school years have been journey the finals are going to be an adventure I will eventually get through I may be satisfied with the results or I may not. I will not let the results change me in a negative way I will try better next year.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My weekend goal